Wednesday, March 17, 2010

10 days till Terrapin Mountain

I've only had one race on my mind for the last 4 months. The Terrapin Mountain 50k. This is the race that showed me what it was like to run a long distance race in the mountains. I thought I would never finish but I managed to pull it out at the end. There was a point at about 25 miles that I thought I couldn't run another step but after some food and some walking, I took off again.
This time I'm going to attack some instead of conserving throughout the race. I'm not afraid of the course or the distance. I will respect the mountains as you always must respect any distance you run, even 1 mile.

I was looking at last year's race times and it takes about an hour from the start to the top of the first climb. Most of this time will be spent climbing. I hope to run a little more of that this year than last. After that it will be a game of survival. Up and down the other mountains in the area several times. Since Jan 1, I've run 315 miles and many of those miles were up and down hills. I feel very ready.

I am really looking forward to seeing my dad complete the half. It will be hard for him but he will get through it just fine I believe.

1 comment:

Kenny "slug" said...

glad to see you blog again. it's about time.