Monday, January 5, 2009

Well obviously I didn't blog any since March. There really wasn't much to say about this past year. Hmm.....maybe I could find a few things to talk about.

  • My 61 year old Dad did 4 multisport events, three of them proper triathlons without having ever done one before. He also did some running road races.
  • Let's see, my friend R ran his first race (Captain Thurmond's Challenge) and did really well while learning painfully about the art of pacing. He has also dived into the world of longer distances and is hooked.
  • Over the past year my friend B has gone from barely being able to run 3 miles to doing 10+ mile runs and taken up kayaking.
  • My friend KW ran 3 ultra marathons this year! A couple 50k races and a 50 miler! The bad part is that he has talked me into running a 50k in February!
  • My friend S ran well in multiple races and organized one of her own. She even took up cycling.
  • My friend KH started running seriously and ran his first 5k in October. He also learned a hard lesson about who you should not pace off of in your first race (the college girls cross country team).
  • My buddy KA was the 4th fastest cyclist in a 10 mile race with way over a hundred contestants and missed being first by mere seconds and really helped us to a 3rd place male teams finish.
  • My daughters ran a couple fun run races and had a really good time. All in all I'd say it was a pretty good year.

1 comment:

The Currys said...

Hey Look, a new blog! Doesn't look like YOU did anything last year after the 5k though. HA You are having an influence. This year should be even more fun for all of us. Thanks for being there!